Returning to Public Worship
From Monday 10th May Mass may be celebrated with the public present. It will be good to welcome you back to church as we have been closed since St. Stephen`s Day. 50 people are allowed to attend with the previous system of protection from Covid 19 in place. We are so indebted to our wonderful team of Volunteers who looked after everything so well in the past. We will now be depending on them again as we reopen. The same directives are in place:
- Numbers limited to 50
- People must be 2 metres apart unless from the same household. Maintain that distance when approaching for the reception of Holy Communion.
- Entry through the main door. Sanitize hands. Please wear Face covering. Three points of exit available after Mass.
- Mass will be open to the public each day
- Bookings necessary for weekend Masses (only).
- It has been suggested that the two weekend Masses, (Saturday 7:30 pm and Sunday 11.00 am) would be reserved mainly for people who are working during the week and unable to get to a weekday Mass. Please keep this in mind. There is no obligation during the Pandemic to attend Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday.
- Funeral: 50 allowed in church. Please follow Government guidelines after leaving the church.
- Weddings: 50 allowed in church: again we have been asked to remind you to follow Government guidelines after the church ceremony.
- Baptisms: We have been asked to remind you to keep numbers at a minimum.
From Monday, 10th May we are free to be present at Mass and we sincerely thank God for that. As we return we pray for a deeper understanding of our faith, for a richer understanding of the blessing of the Mass, this wonderful prayer of thanksgiving and healing, this heavenly gift of nourishment and hope. However, it is important to remember that despite the easing of restrictions, Covid 19 is still with us and the majority of the population will not be vaccinated until the end of June. We all have a duty to care for one another and keep one another as safe as possible. May God bless our efforts.